Tuesday 5 October 2010

Miniatura



We are back from Miniatura ;) The pictures above are of me (even though I tried to avoid it - and why is it always me having pictures taken?!?) and of my great friends Bev (Beverley Read) and Lesley (ooakdiddydolls) who were sharing their first stand at the show.
A lot of people thought the show was very quiet compared to other years and in some ways I would have to agree that numbers did seem to be down on both days. The weather was very bad on the Sunday not sure if this had an impact or not?
We had a good start to the show as we sold all four preview witches as soon as we put them on our blog (it was also really nice to meet fellow bloggers at the show ;) ) and then we had a very good response to the ones we made to replace them! We also sold our show piece in the first few hours and we were asked about it by lots of other people who fell in love with the silliness of the concept!
A lot of customers also remembered Battish Airways from last year so it looks like we are now getting recognised for making strange moving contraptions lol but we had a lot of fun with both and are already thinking about the next piece as we would like to have something on display at Arnhem, Madrid and kensington.
We had a very good show all in all and sold a lot of dolls this is good and bad lol as now we have so much to do for Arnhem at the end of the month!?! I know, I know never happy :p
I am also pleased to say that Lesley had a very good show selling lots of dolls and taking just as many commissions - it was so great to see her doing so well and getting the boost she needed - I have been bullying her into doing fairs for years!!
Bev also sold some of her wonderful cakes and dolls and while she was at the show her son got her website up and running please take a look http://beverleyread.co.uk/ It is always great catching up with these two and we don't get to see each other as often as we would like.
We stayed in the same hotel as Lesley and her sister Tracey and had a nice meal with them and my mum and dad who had also travelled down for the show. So at least we had lots of time to natter and put the world to rights =)
I love Miniatura and would say it is one of my favourite shows to do, the atmosphere is always great and you get to meet lots of lovely people and catch up with friends and customers so now I can't wait until we get to do it all again in spring! A huge thank you to all of you who did take the time to stop by and say hello it was so lovely to see you all =)

6 comments:

  1. Hi, it was lovely to meet you both and my witches are safely home. I thought the show was quiet but as a buyer that suited me just fine!

    I had a lovely day and look forward to seeing your new creations.

    Good luck at Arnhem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janice, It was so lovely to meet you ;) and I have to agree it is nicer to get around without all the crowds! Pleased to hear the witches are safely in their new home thank you for liking our work ;)

    Roz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey you could have cropped me out of that ! thanks mate lol.
    your center peice was fab. we all loved it, who couldnt ?
    well I can only say i too had a great show, best part was seeing Roz, Aidy and bev, amongst other people. met a few buyers of my dolls from the past. but totaly enjoyed the whole thing. cant wait to do it again in March lol, good luck roz and aidy for the next fairs. I know you will be fab as always xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL All the other pictures had your very unimpressed face looking at the camera or Bev trying to run from the camera! So it could have been worse :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you did well at Miniatura,a lot of fairs seem to be quieter this year. I know the York fairs numbers have dropped over the past five years. I am not sure if it's less people interested in miniatures, or lack of money, or people buying on line and on eBay or just there are more fairs now.
    I am hoping to go to the spring one as a visitor so I will come and say hello :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We would love to meet you Kat ;) I think it is probably lack of money mainly as we have some regular customers who are all finding keeping the hobby going difficult at the moment but still try to make it to the fairs - they just can't afford everything they would like to buy at the shows - even shopping at Asda has become a day to talk with the bank manager lol Hope you are feeling better *hugs* xx

    ReplyDelete