Monday 25 October 2010

Cotswolds Miniatures Weekend

We have just got home from a great weekend away. We were invited to instruct at the first Cotswolds Miniature Weekend - and if you didn't come along I would recommend it for next year! There were many different workshops going on and everyone had a wonderful time and went home with lots of new creations and minds crammed full of ideas of what to make next ;)

Aidy made me take part in day one - sculpting - Not my area at all and at first I was very reluctant but I grew to really enjoy myself. My character changed throughout the day and ended up turning into an elf type! I will try to get him finished and dressed so you can all see my first person sculpt - Don't worry I will not be taking over Aidy's job any time soon!


One of the finished dolls


A doll well on the way to being finished


A grumpy butler in the making

Getting things right!



What should I wear?




We had a wonderful group of students who were more like old friends by the time the weekend came to an end! We were sad to leave lol. We would like to give thanks to karen and Gillie and all the others involved in making this event happen - they all worked so hard and it showed - Thanks guys!



Concentration!


Time for a natter!


This picture was when we all worried - Our precious heads were going into the oven! We had all grown very attached to our little people by this point!


Also I would like to say a huge thanks to Wendy, Pam, Jo, Kazumi, Sheree, Janet, Sue, Sabina and Pat who were all wonderful and such good fun! You all helped to make our weekend one to remember!
I would also like to say a huge thanks to Sally Watson and kathy Brindle who made our night on Saturday - we were lucky enough to sit next to them at the meal and we have not laughed so much in years - You could not ask to meet two nicer or more fun people - I don't think they exist! thanks again you two!


Get ready to watch out for next years event and book early - it is going to prove very popular!


















5 comments:

  1. WOW...what am awesome time. Thank you so much for sharing with us. Just love when everyone is having such a great time...and what better than playing with the clay!!

    Hugs,
    Regi

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you all had a great time, so glad it all went well for everyone.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, it looks like you all had so much fun :)
    Love the photo of all the little heads waiting to get into the owen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so small! Love it <3

    Good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Roz and Aidy,
    I just wanted to say thank you for a fantastic weekend. I really enjoyed making the doll and dressing it the next day, you are both very talented people. It was lovely learning how to sculpt and dress a doll as i have never done this before.
    Thanks again to you both, looking forward to the next miniature weekend,
    sheree x

    ReplyDelete